Monday 24 January 2011

Gothenburg Event


My next event has approached fast and I now only have one week left until the pre valentine’s day event in a shop in Gothenburg, Sweden's second largest city (it is actually nicknamed little London by the locals).
I know a lady there called Jane and she runs a shop called Jane's Place which sells all those things from the UK that you miss and just can't find in Sweden such as Walkers crisps, Monster Munch, Jaffa Cakes and real sausages. So every year I order my Christmas items from Jane including the crackers that you cannot bring over yourself (because of the explosive bit) and on Boxing Day we have our English Christmas with the Swedish side of the family.
On one occasion picking up sausages for a BBQ in the summer we were chatting to Jane and we talked about the possibility of doing something business wise together and it has ended up being one of her tasty Saturdays. This is where clients come along and taste selected items from Jane's pantry once a month to see wheat she has in stock and catch up. We thought it would be a good idea to take advantage of the clientele she already has and let them see something new in the store plus there is plenty of time left before Valentines so I can even take orders. Tomorrow I am off to hand out flyers in Gothenburg. I have 120 of them....I hope that is enough....and I hope they don't all end up on the floor making a mess or I will have to stop and pick them up again.
So mass marketing and spreading the word is this week’s target, oh along with making the mandatory pieces...which thankfully I started with last week. Hurrah. Here is a little peek at a new piece just for the Valentines do at Jane's Place.





So if you are in town or about or have an afternoon to spare come on over and see what we both have to offer.

No comments:

Post a Comment